Entry Level Support Technician
Integrated Document Technologies (IDT) is a dynamic privately-owned company that has been in business for over 28 years. We are passionate about providing complete information management solutions through our consulting, software integration, implementation & support services. Our goal is to replace manual, outdated paper-based processes with modern, more secure and automated methods for managing business content. IDT is successful because of our unique expertise in delivering Content Services Platforms, Enterprise Content Management, Business Process Management, Case Management, Electronic Forms Solutions and Document Capture solutions to meet our customer’s needs. Our mission is to provide strong ROI driven solutions that are the most cost effective and efficient for our customer’s organizations. We strive to build mutually-beneficial, long-lasting relationships that enable our customers and partners to grow and prosper. Internally, IDT is a close community that fosters growth, support, collaboration, flexibility and fun!
IDT offers to employees, health insurance through BlueCross Blue Shield, 401K plan with matching company funds, competitive compensation, paid vacation, flex days and more.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Entry Level Support Technician is an important role for IDT because this position has direct and regular contact with our customers. This position works directly with all levels of the organization and reports to the Sr. Project/Engagement Manager. The Support Technician is responsible for the service support and has accountability for handling incident logging, tracking, problem management and resolution. The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing, understanding and managing all problem tickets from our customers and supply desktop support in accordance with established policies and procedures. Activities includes troubleshooting software application problems and recommending appropriate action and/or solutions.
- Provide frontline email, telephone and ticketing system support by responding to questions and issues raised by customers within agreed service level commitments while maintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Clearly and succinctly document issues and communicate known resolutions to problems in an easy to understand narrative in IDT’s Problem Tracking Resolution System (PTRS).
- Ensure customers are provided timely and streamlined updates of IDT’s progress in resolving issues or concerns.
- Responsible for the accuracy, growth and management of IDT’s PTRS Knowledgebase.
- Assist customers with analyzing high-priority issues using remote access to connect into their IDT supported capture and content service environments.
- Build various capture and content service software environments using virtual server technology. Recreate customer application environments where necessary to reproduce and analyze issues prior to internal or external escalation.
- Ensure all issues and communications throughout the incident and subsequent resolution are thoroughly documented from beginning to end.
- Provide support and resolution services for all IDT internal systems and staff.
- Assist IDT’s software development team with quality assurance, testing and bug/defect resolution.
- Assist the datacenter management team with various technical or administrative tasks. Will require occasional local travel to and from the Oakbrook, IL datacenter.
- Other duties and tasks as needed, including participation in billable project work for customers. Occasional local travel to customer site as needed.
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent in professional training and/or experience.
- One to two years (1-2) of previous experience in Help Desk Support.
- OnBase, FileBound, Kofax or other commercial grade document capture / document management software experience is a plus.
- Certification in at least one of the following preferred; MCP, MCSA, MCSE and CDIA+
- Software application support background is a plus.
- Advanced troubleshooting and ability to prioritize and multi-task as needed.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication with English as a first language.
- Demonstrate willingness to be in a continuous learning environment.
- Strong organizational, communication and collaboration skills with a commitment to detail.
- Positive and upbeat attitude while being proactive in identifying customer resolutions.
- Self-motivated & ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
IDT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: Karen Hampton, HR Manager.
1009 W. Hawthorn Drive
Itasca, IL 60143
Phone: 630-875-1100 x307